Skip to main content

Inquiry Project: Slides

Inquiry Project Slides

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Naw1V0mAy60AfinBlPRKZGRCqTjFaFtRBe73wRV_NNc/edit#slide=id.p



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing ME!

 Hey Y'all!  This is my very first post on the blog so I thought I would interview myself so that you all could learn a bit more about ME! Two truths and a lie...can you guess which is the lie?  I lived in Hong Kong for 4 years! I absolutely love flying.  I hate seafood.  What is one of your passions you are excited to bring into the classroom?       I love love love clothing... One of my favourite things is expression through what I wear. I can't wait to have the most aesthetic classroom in the school! Catch me as the teacher that matches my scrunchy, to my mask, to the shoes I'm wearing! As you can see.. I love pink.  What do you like to do in your spare time?      When I am not working, or doing school things, I love to spend time with my family! My dad and I do all sorts of physical activity together from biking to running to swimming. Check out below a picture of my fun dad and I after the UBC triathlon! 

Inquiry Project Explorations

Inquiry project (the beginning) Social Emotional Learning strategies in secondary schools!!! 

Tact of Teaching

Tact of Teaching “...developing certain qualities or traits of character such as open-mindedness or sincerity, whole-hearted or absorbed interests, responsibility, as well as the need for a habit of thinking in a reflective way...” I think this quote resonates strongly with my belief that teacher development and reflective teaching goes hand in hand with personal development. I think if the focus of our professional development programs and teacher education programs focus on mentoring and encouraging the development of good character traits, we have a better chance at creating good teachers.  “...instead of improving my reaching it worsens... Sometimes the result is that I grow more self-conscious and I become aware of the students looking at me and judging me.” This resonates with my current feelings towards the practicum. After all of the knowledge we have acquired about teaching, I am more nervous than ever before to step in front of a classroom. I have to keep reminding myself...